COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Updated March 23, 2021
- The State Health Department has instructed all local health departments to administer all future COVID vaccinations by appointment only. This will eliminate long waits in lines and people being turned away because they ran out of vaccine.
- Second Vaccinations: If you have already had the first shot, you do not need to register for the second one. The Health Department will contact regarding the second shot at the appropriate time.
Who Can Currently Receive the Vaccine
As of 3/23/2021
Marion County is currently vaccinating:
How Do I Get on the Waiting List?
Additional COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- The Marion County Health Department is currently administering the Modern vaccine. Please note this is a TWO PART vaccine and you are not fully vaccinated until you receive the second dose.
When you receive the first dose of the vaccine, you will be given a “COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.” This card tells you the vaccine manufacturer, the date you received it, where you received it, the date for your second dose, and other instructions. These cards are in English and Spanish.
The Health Department will contact you approximately 4 weeks after your first shot to schedule your second shot. These calls may come from various numbers other than the Marion Co. Health Dept. Landline.
Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are two dose regimens. Moderna doses are taken 28 days apart and Pfizer doses are taken 21 days apart.
It is very important that your second dose is from the same manufacturer as the first dose (for example, you cannot have Pfizer for the first dose and then Moderna for the second dose). The second dose is very important since full protection against the COVID-19 disease depends upon getting both doses.
If you are in one of these phases and have any of the following conditions, you may want to consult with your doctor before getting vaccinated.
- Severe allergies or previous reaction to a vaccine
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have a fever or are ill
- Have received another vaccine within 14 days
- Are currently in isolation for COVID-19